- When you get home with your mushroom “log,” find a place to grow the mushrooms where they won‘t be disturbed and they will get ample light; just enough to read the paper by is enough. They don’t like direct sunlight. Find a container for them to grow in; something like an old cake pan is good.
- Place the mushroom log in the pan and put enough fresh water to rise about 1 inch
- That’s pretty much it. Keep an eye on it every day. After mushrooms start to grow, mist (spray water) them morning and night. When they get bigger mist more often.
- Harvest when the mushroom starts to open up. The vale on the outside edge will skirt the mushroom and eventually start to turn a little bit up [maybe about the 7’ o’clock position. This is the optimum time to harvest.
- After harvest, remove from water and set up on a shelf to dry. This drying will take about a week or so.
- To grow another cycle soak the log in water for 2 hours to re-hydrate, then start again. the re-start should flush again in about 2 weeks. Repeat up to 4 times if conditions are favorable.
- recipe = https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/baked-shiitake-mushrooms-recipe/